6 April, 2007
It is Good Friday... I tried to fly... Key word here is "tried"..
Woke up in the morning, went market with parents for breakfast. Went home, rest (I was actually looking for my missing pen and a magazine), bath. Went to pick up both my grandparents with parents to eat "song" fish a.k.a. big-head carp (a kind of freshwater fish).
Had a wonderful time catching up with my grandma. She is the one who brought me up till 14. She was happy to see me. She missed me but yet I was too busy to spend time with her. My school schedule is crazy. I couldn't even spend time with my parents. Excuses? Maybe... Or maybe a bad time-management.
Anyway, everything was good. My dad sends me to church after dropping my grandparents home. I reached church. And the drama begins.
I was looking for my choir in-charge. Someone pointed me to the stage. That was the devil's plan. I would not say I am an expert, but I am quite experience backstage, or relatively. I tried to find a way up the stage. Finally I saw a stairway. I walked up, wondering how to go to the front.
I looked at the ground, I saw a black "platform" (or was it?). I thought to myself, that must be the way to the front. Usually, black platforms are used to put the monitors, which are actually your speakers. So I walked on it.
My first step. That was my last. The vision is still vividly in my mind. I fell, I was "tricked". I landed bottom-on to the concrete floor 3 meters above ground.
It was a long fall. Many thoughts rushed into my mind. Yet the first thing I uttered in my breathe "Oh dear God HELP!! Protect my spine."
I fell. I fell like a baby.
*SLAMMED*
I landed on the ground hitting my butt. The impacted went straight up my back, my spine, concentrated on my lower back. I flip. I lied face flat on the floor. I could not moved. I could not feel my back.
I was afraid. Afraid if something broke. I started praying to God. I asked God please have mercy on me. I am only 26.
Many people came over to help.
Familiar voices I heard. One started to pray for me. Everyone there laid hands on me and my back and prayed.
The presence of God came as they prayed and spoke a word of faith, commanding my vertebrates to go back in place in Jesus' name. Maybe it is a coincidence, maybe it is not. I felt my bones moving. I took my child-liked faith, believing as she prayed, that my bones are going back into position.
Soon after the ambulance came. All of a sudden, my back hurts less. By then, my left wraist and left elbow starts to hurt. I think I broke something.
I kept yelling in pain as the paramedics tried to put me on the stretcher. I have fractured my right arm and dislocated my shoulder before. But none was as painful as this one. Good grief! I fell from 3 meters above ground.
I went to Changi General Hospital. I had my X-ray done. Thank God, my spine is ok. Just some abrasion on my bottoms and my back, the doctor said. But my elbow? He can't tell from the X-ray. So I was scheduled to see the bone specialist in 2 weeks time. Now I am in cast. Please pray for me...
Bad things do happened to good people. When I was on the stretcher, in the ambulance, I asked God, why these bone breaking business always happen to me. Yet I told myself that I know that all things will work out for the best for all those who loved Him.
True enough. Hands of protection were on me. As I was falling, I heard voices telling me it is just going to be like a baby falling off the chair, asking me not to worry.
That day marks the day when I truly "saw" the vulnerability of humanity.
I thank God for God Himself. Truly the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, my Savior and my Lord, who will infinetly look after me forever and ever more...
1 comment:
been there, done that... you're in good hands, bro.
Post a Comment