Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Expectations or disappointments

I gave a presentation yesterday. I have been winning every presentation I gave for the past few years. Yesterday I did not win.

It does not feel good. It feels like failing. Failing at something you think you are good at have effects on the ego. Failing to meet your own expectations makes one vulnerable. You end up with a sense of worthlessness, it leaves you feeling useless, or a big fool. The only thing you can do well, you did not.

I seldom fail, failing is not in my dictionary. It is not something I am use to. Everything I do, I do my best. And I have always believe that if you do your best, you will be the best. You are right. I have expectations. Whatever I do, I invest heavily on. On thoughts, on effort, on energy. I believe that as long as I put my heart in, I will achieve my goal.

Maybe the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointments.

No comments: