Here I am on the train writing. First time on the train though.
This few days in KL were a fruitful one. Gave me a different experience. The things that I have seen, the things that I have observed, the things that I have encountered. I guessed something has changed within me. I have seen a different side of humanity.
The cold, self centred, inward-looking perception of people have changed. The love, warmth and kindness that the KL-ians have shown were something that even Singapore's churches do not have.
I guess maybe Singaporeans are too caught up in their rat race. Their survival instinct out-weighs the human touch and everything else.
People here in KL, well, at least people here in KL that I have met, greets each other with welcoming hugs. Invites one another to their houses to spend quality time with each other.
Those with vehicles also go out of their way to pick up or drop off their friend's or their friend's friends, to whom the driver may not have know, as cab in KL is really expensive. The kind of second mile approach, I was truly impressed. This is something that people in Singapore whom I know, or most people in Singapore do not offer. The most amazing thing was, the KL-ians were not even Christians.
I guessed living in Singapore, a highly competitive world, the pace of life had caused everyone losing their human touch. Ironically, I felt much more at home in KL than back home in Singapore, even in my own church.
My friend, Shern, asked me to consider moving to and settle down in KL for a career in the Arts scene. Introduced me to some local directors, stages actors and script writers. Mingling with those dramatic people really made me feel at home once again.
I really enjoyed myself and appreciate the people that I have acquainted to. I probably will go down KL again the near future.
Time to sleep, a 7 hour ride home...
No comments:
Post a Comment