Meekness: (*from Dictionary.com)
noun
1. the feeling of patient, submissive humbleness
2. a disposition to be patient and long suffering
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pushover: (*from Dictionary.com)
noun
1. someone who is easily taken advantage of
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are so many times in my life when my meekness became my weakness.There is this woman at work. She is a nut crack. For 30 years of her service she screams at everyone with reasons that you will think that I am joking.
She screams at me when I say I am leaving, because it sounds like I am going to die. She screams at me when I am washing my hands, she say I am wasting Government's water. She screams when the driver is late or someone say something that she don't like to hear. She screams when the ice-box is on the floor. She screams when I log off the computer so that she can log on to her account, she screams when the boss wants me to use the new eform for application. All this time I just take a deep breathe and walk away. The last draw was when she scream when I had to log off the computer. She went to complain about me. Every few days she just have to find someone or something to scream at and complain about. You think I am making it up? I don't blame you. I can't believe it either....
You know, is that happen before I was a christian, she is a dead duck. She scream at me I will scream ten times louder. And I tell you boy, can I scream. Once Sandy ask me not to yell so loudly during rehearsal, but I didn't tell her that was my normal voice. I didn't even project.
Well there are many other examples how I bite my lips and say God You called me to submit toYou.
There is this guy who like to tell people what to do all the time. He is like Mr Fix-It. Mr Fix-It like to put you down in front of others by criticizing your work. No no... Don't get me wrong. It is not that I can't take positive criticism. No no... Mr Fix-It likes to nitpick every little thing. Maybe he is just a perfectionist you say. No way Hosea... He will pick on you no matter how good a job you have done. Don't believe me? There is once he kept picking on my "masterpiece", we had a exhibition. So we need some props. He say its not flush enough. I tried to tell him that it will not be fully flush on a jagged surface. He accuse me that I am lazy. I say fine you show me maybe I am not as good as you. He ripped away what I did. He tried for a few beat. He make it worst than how it was. He gave up, he throw it back to me. Do a proper job. Really, if I had not been a christian, I would have given him my middle finger and recite a poetry about his ancestry. I chose to bite my lips and walk away.
So does being meek make you a pushover?
Well, the truth is that some people just don't get it. When you chose to keep quiet they take a step into your boundary. You keep quiet again, they inch forward. Only until you make your stand they back off. I called those people "leeches".
Why? Because if they don't leech on you they can't survive...
No comments:
Post a Comment