Faith (*Dictionary.com)
–noun
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are many people around me, who claim that they have faith. But what was their faith built on?
On a few occasions, I was asked to join a group outing which I politely declined. Many time I had things to do, or exams to prepare. I was told that I do not have to worry, have faith in God, let the dead bury the dead, and they will pray for me. Sometimes I meet people whose faith was built on pure hope, or rather wishful thinking. Do they not know that faith without works is dead?
Now don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that do not hope. I am saying that hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. But faith is a tangible substance built on not just a belief. But faith is built on solid foundation of truths and experiences that creates the confident in the things that is believed.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~ NKJV (Heb 11:1)
While wishful thinking is a kingdom built in the air with fluffy cotton candy and nice feelings. No wonder the phrase “Building castle in the air”.
Without faith a man can crumble. Yet beware of people who talks about faith. Do not believe in their faith. Beware of their faith. That faith may very well destroy your life; make you lose your Faith.
So what is faith? What do you believe in? How far will you go to prove what you believe? What is it to believe? What is the truth that is hidden beneath lies? Who can you confide?
The answers are and have always been hidden in you…
No comments:
Post a Comment