I am so tired today. Just like every other day, these few years. My heart feels heavy. My head is spinning. If I have one wish. My wish is to sleep for a long long time. I think I am experiencing hallucinations and delusions right now. I can't differentiate what is real and what is a dream. I can't tell today and yesterday apart. It felt like I went into a state of trance.
The other day, I napped for 2 hours. But it felt like I have fainted or died, or perhaps an out of body experience. I think I went into a coma.
For the past 3 years, I only have an average of 3-4 hrs of sleep per day from Monday to Sunday, and I am not getting younger by the min, darn... I am so physically tired all the time...
Although you can see me smiling and joking all the time, but really, I am having a headache and my head spinning and "dancing" (doing the break dance, mostly windmill....) all the time, and sometimes I can literally feel my heart beat going slower (just like what I am experiencing right now). You know, for my heart to be still beating is already a grace of God. But if God is indeed Merciful, Give me some Sleep...
Am I suffering from all the Side Effects of a Lack of Sleep? Can sleep deprivation be the explanation of my behavioral changes? Is my prolonged lack of sleep causing my immune systems to begin to break down and become unstable to fight diseases? Is that why I get sick so often? Can this explain my frequent headaches and nightmares? Will The Effects of Sleep Deprivation affect my brain? Will I become an Idiot?
Indeed this lack of sleep is affecting my quality of life, but what is there I can do? I certainly do not need drugs to help me sleep. Can a doctor prescribe me sleep like prescribing a drug? I certainly do not need to go to a Sleep Spa to undergo Sleep Therapy. The only Therapy I need is a Time Therapy. Just if God can pause time when I sleep to allow me to recuperate. Yes I know I am hallucinating.
"Manage your time la!" some of you might say. Or "Sleep so much for what? Pig ah?!"
While "Thomas Edison slept 3-4 hours at night, regarding sleep as a waste of time", some of us just need that sleep to perform better.
Remember, everyone is made unique, different. We all have different needs and requirements. Just like what my Great-Grand-Father like to say: "Every finger is different even on the same hand"
Even Robots need to rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment