Saturday, February 03, 2007

What is the Most Important Thing in Life?

Ever wonder "What is the Most Important Thing in Life?"?

I was interested to know what are important to people in general and I did a Google Search on "Most Important Thing to a man".

Guess what? Most of the search results is "God", follow by "Sex" and "Health", and "Tv", and "Sports", not in any order.

Let's put religion aside.. For a little while... I am just wondering why no one considers a good career as the most important thing in life.

Well, for one, you spend most of your time working, and it is what pays you at the end of the month that feeds you and your family. How come no one considers that important?
For me, I guess what is important to me is a good career, a career that pays you well, that explores your potential and capability, a career that brings you satisfaction, and life long fulfilment. I am sure everyone wants that. However many people had said this to me, "That is just the ideal, it will never happen in real life... Work is work... You started out loving your job... But you end up dreading it..."

Why then is the world full of such depressing negativity mindset about work?

Maybe most people have not found their given-gifts and talents. Maybe most people just follow the crowd. Remember in the early 90's when the IT industry is booming, everyone rushed to do IT, then the bubble-tea business is doing well, everyone starts bubbling, again the government promotes biotechnology, everyone rushes to the next big thing. It is just like someone strike 4-D buying the numbers from where they thought they saw, on a Luo-han fish and the whole nation, even the surrounding countries have a booming industry selling Luo-han. I called that a Luo-han effect.

It is sad to know that people in the society have stop "thinking". They began to adopt a "Whatever that works for him will work for me" mindset. They began to become a mindless creature breathing just to find satisfaction in a "borrowed" success.

I think they missed the whole point.

Most people I know have no ambition. They just want a normal life. Decent job that pays a few thousands, comfortable, get married and have kids.

Is that what life is all about? I recon more. I want a life full of excitement. I want to live each day to the fullest. I want to maximise every resources I have. Basically I want more than what life itself can offer.

Greed? No... I am expecting more. I am expecting a purpose driven life. I want my barns to be filled with overflowing abundance. I do not just want a mediocre life. I want a life larger than itself...

Well... That is me... I always have my Dreams and Ambitions ever since I know my ABC's....

Yet there are people who just wants things to be predictable... How boring...

No comments: