10.15pm. Just finished my class last night, I was walking to the MRT station when I got a call from a friend. Let's call her S. S wants to go out because she doesn't want to go home for some reasons that I shall not discuss. She called me at the right time, a minute later I would have been on the way back home.
I met her at Raffles Place and we strolled through Boat Quay. Night life in Boat Quay wasn't the same as before. Most of the pubs are empty with a few Ang-Mos. Pubs that I once visited have also turned into seafood restaurants. Why do you need so many seafood restaurants in the same area where most of them are empty?
Anyway we walked to Clarke Quay, and it was quiet too. Somehow we settled down at Brewericks wanting to get some finger food. But the kitchen closed. Sigh... So we went over to Iguana, as advised by the waiter at Brewericks. However, their kitchen was closed too... Sigh... So... We settled there for chips and beer.
We had a nice time talking... I did most of the listening... *smile* I am a good listener... We talked about church, ministry, work, national development... Basically anything under the sun. Until the waitress asked if we could help her by shifting to another table so she can start clearing that part of the restaurant. We left the place and headed towards Fullerton.
I asked S if she is drunk. She said "No". So I ask her to prove it by walking in a straight line. Do you know how to determine if some one is drunk? See... A completely conscious person like myself, if ask to walk a straight line to prove that I am not drunk, my reaction will be "Xiao... I don't have to prove anything to you..." Of course, S tried to walk in a straight line. *Grin*
Saw an old couple along the way, the guy was holding a recorder to his hand and another hand on the shoulders of his mate. He was singing a love song to his lady with music on the recorder. Wow... He didn't look like the romantic type. So.. Don't ever judge a book by its cover...
I met her at Raffles Place and we strolled through Boat Quay. Night life in Boat Quay wasn't the same as before. Most of the pubs are empty with a few Ang-Mos. Pubs that I once visited have also turned into seafood restaurants. Why do you need so many seafood restaurants in the same area where most of them are empty?
Anyway we walked to Clarke Quay, and it was quiet too. Somehow we settled down at Brewericks wanting to get some finger food. But the kitchen closed. Sigh... So we went over to Iguana, as advised by the waiter at Brewericks. However, their kitchen was closed too... Sigh... So... We settled there for chips and beer.
We had a nice time talking... I did most of the listening... *smile* I am a good listener... We talked about church, ministry, work, national development... Basically anything under the sun. Until the waitress asked if we could help her by shifting to another table so she can start clearing that part of the restaurant. We left the place and headed towards Fullerton.
I asked S if she is drunk. She said "No". So I ask her to prove it by walking in a straight line. Do you know how to determine if some one is drunk? See... A completely conscious person like myself, if ask to walk a straight line to prove that I am not drunk, my reaction will be "Xiao... I don't have to prove anything to you..." Of course, S tried to walk in a straight line. *Grin*
Saw an old couple along the way, the guy was holding a recorder to his hand and another hand on the shoulders of his mate. He was singing a love song to his lady with music on the recorder. Wow... He didn't look like the romantic type. So.. Don't ever judge a book by its cover...
After a long walk, we finally reach Fullerton. We made ourselves comfortable facing the sea, near the Merlion.
The night was good and breezy, I love that temperature. It reminds me of the good old days in Melbourne when I was doing my Vacation Training Programme. The tide was high last night, the water is calm. The sight and sound of the sea is therapeutic.
We sat there and we broke bread... Hahaha... No no... We were not having communion... We were eating some pastry that she brought in her "Xiao Ding Dang" bag. The sea breeze was cold I tell you.. I wish we had hot coffee or hot chocolate...
We left about 3.30 am in the morning. And there were still couples sitting around. Wow... These people no need to work huh? I reach home around 4 am and slept at 4.30am, waking up at 6.30 am to go to work this morning. Strangely, I am wide awake...
The night was good and breezy, I love that temperature. It reminds me of the good old days in Melbourne when I was doing my Vacation Training Programme. The tide was high last night, the water is calm. The sight and sound of the sea is therapeutic.
We sat there and we broke bread... Hahaha... No no... We were not having communion... We were eating some pastry that she brought in her "Xiao Ding Dang" bag. The sea breeze was cold I tell you.. I wish we had hot coffee or hot chocolate...
We left about 3.30 am in the morning. And there were still couples sitting around. Wow... These people no need to work huh? I reach home around 4 am and slept at 4.30am, waking up at 6.30 am to go to work this morning. Strangely, I am wide awake...
Maybe I am turning into a machine...
No comments:
Post a Comment