"You are so unloving, why are you torturing me like that? I am weak. Be more loving."
I hear this often. In fact, when I was younger, those were my lines. Oh. Come on. As if you never said that before.
Over the years, I began to realise sometimes the most loving thing to do to help your love ones isn't very loving at all. It involves a lot of pain. Yet through that pain is when someone learn and grow. Like the old saying "No pain, No gain".
Sometimes what seems very loving is not actually helping you.
In chinese, we say "忠言逆耳利於行, 良藥苦口利於病"
(I know most of you don't know what it meant. So here is the explaination in english "Loyal advice that sounds unpleasant must still be followed. Effective medicine that tastes bitter must still be swallowed.")
有时候, 百闻不如一见...
("seeing for oneself is a hundred times better than hearing from others"). Watch this vedio. Maybe it will explain my point clearer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment