
Hope deferred maketh the heart sick. (Proverbs 13:12)
What am I waiting for? Is it worth me waiting at all? Why has God turned His deaf ears on me? all this while? Or did He shun His eyes away from me?
What about all those promises? Could this be a test of Faith?
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrew 11:1) Yet substance is that collectively experiences of God's goodness. So how will Faith fair if experiences collected have not traces of God?
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17) So what will happen when God gave a "Rhema" of promises but the opposites of what was promised happened? And when things starts going downhill and He kept His silence ever since? All that left me wondering what had happened, wondering if God is real still, wondering if what I have heard was real.
I can imagine how Joseph must have felt when he recieved a vision of himself being the head of his house, then got betrayed by his own brothers, sold as salves, accused of adultery, and finally thrown into the dungeon, condemn and forgotten for 40 years. And Abraham, who at 80 recieved a promise to be the Father of all the nations, childless for the next 40 years. And Noah warned of a great big storm, asked to built a ridiculously huge ark and ridiculed for the rainless 40 years. What about the redemmer, Mosses, the saviour of Isreal, who killed 2 men, the murder hid in the wilderness for 40 years.
All these men of Faith tested for their strength of endurance and perservance. I hope my drought will not be 40 years. It is too long a wait. Will I be able to be that strong? Will I withstand the wiltering of time? I am not that strong, I must admit.
But my God who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 3:20 & Philippians 4:19)
My God, where art thee?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment