Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Reality or Perception

When things are NOT defined in black and white, how do you perceive them? How do you interpret the information you receive?


The picture to the left represents an example of a person's predisposition to organise an experience.

Do you see two faces, a vase, or both?



How about when things ARE defined in black and white, how then do you perceive them? Is there any differences in your perception?


I had a dream last night. I dreamt that "Reality" was a dream in that dream. That I have found back what I have lost that was of great importance. In my excitement, I yelled out "I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that I have lost you. Promise me I will never lose you again!"

Just as I was enjoying my moment, my alarm woke me up. And back into Reality I came back.

What is Reality?

Reality means "the state of things as they actually exist". The term reality, in its widest sense, includes everything that is, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible. Reality include both being and nothingness, whereas existence is often restricted to being (compare with nature).

In other words, "reality", as a philosophical category, includes the formal concept of "nothingness" and articulations and combinations of it with other concepts (those possessing extension in physical objects or processes for example). (fr wikipedia)





Does Reality lines up parallel to your perception or do they slant and slope?





Or did you see more than you should see?







Are things moving in the right directions?

Or did they move at all?







Reality or Perception? What are they?

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

Maybe Reality is nothing more than what you have created in your mind...

Maybe Reality is what you choose it to be....

No comments: