Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Times & Bad





This is my favourite picture for this season. I think it is the nicest picture I have taken so far. Because I look good in it. HA!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many thoughts are going through my head right now. We all go through good times and bad times. Good times are the rewards of joy for putting up with and overcoming the bad times. Bad times are the opportunities to create more good hours.

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." ~ Romans 5 : 3-5

That is right. I am feeling really lousy today. It is one of the days again. A state of dysphoria probably.

Why am I in this mood swings? Because my needs are not met, and it is near impossible to learn to be contented with unmet needs. True enough, Paul once said:

"Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little." ~ Philippians 4 : 11-12 (NLT)

Yet how many can really live in perfect contentment? Some people say: "Blessed are those who aims for nothing, for they shall not be disappointed."


Yet disappointment is just a way we feel when we don't get what we want or need.

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you. " ~ Philippians 4 : 4-9 (NLT)

It becomes a struggle with the flesh.

"Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, You who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate Than the children of the married woman," says the Lord. " ~ Isaiah 54 : 1

No comments: