I am glad I went for prayer meeting today. It was amazing...
I was supposed to go for an interview this afternoon. But I have not been feeling the peace at heart to go for it. I have been thinking and wondering and pondering and finally. I say "What the heck? I am not going for it..." So I stayed after service for the prayer meeting in expo, and I did not regret it.
Yes, I am glad I stayed for prayer meeting. It is not the usual prayer meeting we usually have. It is not the kind that leave you power charged up, ready to go take over the world kind of prayer meeting.
Pastor Ming was leading the prayer meeting. He was hilarious. He is one pastor that carries a different spirit. He carries a spirit of gentleness. He is the very pastoral type.
Pastor Ming started the prayer meeting asking us to pray in tongues. Half way through, he sensed that there are a group of people in the congregation that doesn't speak in tongues and he called out for an altar-call to pray for the Holy Spirit to come. To his surprise, there were a lot of people who went down. He prayed for them and continued the prayer meeting with us praying through the prayer list in 2's and 3's.
Before the prayer meeting ends, Pastor ask everyone of us to lay hands on ourselves. And he did a very hilarious demonstration on, "How to lay hands on yourself".
So we did as he told us, focus on God, and he said the first thing that comes into your mind, write it down, and lay hands on yourself and pray in tongues. So we did as we are told. The Holy Spirit came swept us all. All the congregation fell under the power of God. Many burst out into laughter. Others broke down in tears. I was one of those who was humbled by the Glory of God. I weeped like a baby.
I do not know how to tell you how I feel, but you got to exprience yourself. The touch of God and the sense of heaven. Remember Pastor ask us to write down the first thing that came into my mind when God speaks.
I wrote down 3 words:
"I love you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment