Monday, July 14, 2008

Can the heart be trusted?


Time flies. It has been a year since my grandfather passed away. Today is his death anniversary, in the lunar calender. We went to pay respect. Just like 1 year ago, I fell sick again. It is the time of the year again. After lunch, I went to see a doctor and was given 2 days of MC. I KO till now.

On the surface, everyone seems fine. But I know, grandma is still hurting in the inside. I can sense it somehow. Of course, she would be. After all, they had been married for so long.

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick" ~ Proverbs 13:12 (NIV). The heart is a powerful organ, it was said that the eyes are the window to the soul, the heart is the soul. Most often than not, our heart long for things in hopes and dreams. Having visions of the future. However, when hope does not seems to come to pass, the heart is crushed. And when the heart is sick, the whole being is sick. "Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life." ~ Proverbs 4:23 (NKJV)

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" ~ Proverbs 23:4 (NKJV). The soul or the heart has many thoughts. At least I know my heart thinks. My heart and my mind never seems to agree. One of them must be deceitful.

I often find myself at the crossroad, caught between my heart and my mind. One speaks of logical and rationale, analysing with information collected. The other is of feeling, in hope and faith. But which can I trust? One of them speaks louder than the other, and following the wrong voice can be very dangerous.

The thoughts of the heart cannot be explain.

"There are three things that amaze me – no, four things I do not understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman." ~ Proverbs 30 : 18-19 (NLT)

It has been a long time too.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” ~ Jeremiah 17:9

Can the heart be trusted?

No comments: