I was reading a friend's blog and I saw what he wrote:
"Proximity Is Not Intimacy!" He says.
He is right you know... I see my neighbour everyday. I say "hi" to them everyday. We exchange food once a while, but I don't even know their name!
I guess as the country matures, the standard of living rises. The pace of life fasten. In this world we are living in, an "instant" world. We want our coffee fast, we have instant coffee. We want our food fast, we have fast food chain. Our bosses want to see results and are able to compromise a lot of things. Even relationship, we wish that it comes in a sachet and all we have to do is to add hot water to it and mix. Poof... It became instant relationship...
No no... Unfortunately it does not work that way.
You may share a bed with your spouses. You may go to the same office with your colleagues. You may go to church every week. However, how many of your colleagues and churchmate do you know well?
I quote from friend "Relationships require purposeful commitments from both parties!"
Yet many left their relationships on their own, and only to see that their relationship did not work out.
Don't wait till your dying breathe before you know what is really important in your life...
Tuesday with Morrie, "When you know how you die, you will know how to live..."
Let me end off with a movie, The Bucket List, starring Jack Nicholson (my favourite actor) and Morgan Freeman.
Enjoy...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment