Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Promoted... So?

When I reached the office today, I had colleague congraduating me. I was puzzled.

Then when I open my email, I realised that I was promoted. But I wasn't happy at all...

I know I should be thankful, as promotion comes from God... I am thankful... Just wasn't happy... Not trilled... Not excited...

So what if I am promoted? Nothing changed. I am still me. Work is still work. Responsibilities are still responsibilities. So what if I get promoted? So what if there are more responsibilities? Life still goes on.. The sun still rises from the east and sets in the west...

Well... Not being boastful or proud... I think I deserved the promotion... I worked hard for it...

Not a lot of things you work hard for will eventually bear fruits... This is one of the things you know that when you sow you will definately reap. If you wait long enough...

The principle of sowing and reaping does have its condition. I was reading Dr. Edwin Louis Cole's book today, and he said:

"The condition of the soil determines the destiny of the seed."

A farmer spreads good seeds, but once the seed is sown, it is not up to the seed to produce. It is up to the soil to make the seed produce.

How much of our seeds falls onto good ground?

No comments: