I am still on Dr Edwin Louis Cole's book.
He says "It takes 2-3 second to make a decision, 2-3 weeks to form a habit."
Mr Tan Ye Ping says in order to bring about change it takes a Decision, Determination and Discipline.
That is all it takes... A decision...
Once some friends told me. "Hey Gary, change is not so simple. It takes a long time for me. I take a bit longer to change."
I answered "All it takes you is a decision that you want to change. And change is immediate 180 degree."
You know I understand what they mean when they say it takes time to change. I was there... Been through it... Done that.. Took a photo and have returned.. Before I was a Christian, I came to church and visited for a full 6 months. I attended every service, every cell group. I am a regular church goer. However, I was not saved, and my heart was not ready. A friend who brought me to church ask me "It has been 6 months, so when are you going to make a decision?"
And my answer to him at that time was "Look, my heart is like the wooden bridge in King Arthur's days. I got to slowly and surely turn the wheel and let go of the chain for the bridge to slowly come down."
I was exactly like what they say "It takes a long time for me. I take a bit longer to change."
However, it was until I was forced to make that decision, I finally realise "Change is a 180 degree, change is almost as immediate as you make that decision."
Since then my life was radically changed. When I received a word, I received it into my heart and immediately went about doing it. That is when change takes place the fastest. Procrastination is what the devil used to steal your seed that lies on good ground. Remember, some seeds fell on the ground and the bird came and took it away...
I like what Dr Cole says here "No decision is a decision by default. Indecision is still a decision - it is just a decision not to decide."
So at that time I told my friends "Hey, look. I don't think you take long to change. I think you are not convince that you need to change."
And till now I still hold true to my belief.
Change is as instant as you make that Decision!
No comments:
Post a Comment