Monday, January 29, 2007

戏如人生, 人生如戏。

For the past weeks and days, I have been pondering over my life and my experiences in life. And I was thinking about how a person's decisions or actions can spark off a chain of effects not only having consequences to bear by himself but by others around him as well.

I recalled the times when another's failure or incompetency have cause me dramatic consequences to bear which I do not deserve. Do not get me wrong here. I am not being bitter or resentful. I am full of thoughts.

Indeed everyone have fallen short under the Glory of God. Men are imperfect beings trying our best to be good. However when one failed his best, there comes a domino effect.

I recalled the statement that I have made some time back. I said "Your action or speech can cause a living heaven or hell in another person's life."

Since then I live each day telling myself, I have to be on guard. On guard towards my heart, towards my speech, towards my mind, and towards my action. Because I know that I have the potential to send someone up to heaven, or plunge him down to pitless hell.

Last evening, I watch "Babel" with a friend. The story started with a wealthy couple from San Diego who are vacationing in Morocco in order to heal after the death of their young child. So they left the other two children home with their Mexican maid. In Morocco, a rifle finds its way into the hands of a local herdsman’s young sons, who recklessly take a shot at a tour bus and shot the wife in the shoulder, causing her to nearly lose her life. The distraught husband calls home to tell the maid the situation, who promptly departs for Mexico to attend her child’s wedding, with the two children in tow. Disaster thus multiplies, with the situation in Morocco ascribed to terrorists in the media, while the maid meets with the harsh immigration policies of the Bush administration. Meanwhile, in Tokyo, a widower who used to owned the rifle, gave it to a tour guide in Morocco, became part of the investigation while he attempts to deal with his memories and his raucous, promiscuous, deaf daughter.

所为 "戏如人生, 人生如戏。" 往往现实生活中的银幕就像电影里的情节。剧情高曹跌起。

The dramatic "Butterfly" effects in life is inevitable. Yet we can all do our part to lessen the pain for each other. We can all share a little love, be a little more considerate, help each other by doing our best, do not short change anyone, be sensitive towards the things you say. Forgive... And above all, get Understanding... Communicate... Listen more, speak less... Be gentle... Be nice...

Peace...

No comments: