Read a friend's blog. She talks about how she felt towards men.
She said: " Men like to play the knights in shinning armours. Younger men have the need to impress. Older men know what they have so they don't need to prove anything."
Well I say "Younger men have to work extra hard just to prove that 'hey, I am not just a new-kid-on-the-block. I mean business!'." and "Older men just stop trying to prove anything because there are always 'eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear'."
Come on.. Don't give me that religious look again... You know how it is like... You know how people will tell you "What do you know young man... You barely started out..." or "Do this and that... Just follow my instructions..."
Men. We are territorial creatures... We don't like people stepping into our space. We have a competitive spirit. No matter how humble you are... There is always something call the "Male Ego". It is a precious Pride that makes a man a Man.
I know what I have and what I do not have. I know my weaknesses and my strengths. I am not afraid to show my vulnerability. Maybe I have a lot of weaknesses, so much so, that young ladies around me frequently point them out to me. Were they expecting more of me? Or do they want to make a better Gary? Don't get me wrong. It did not crush my self esteem. Like I said, I know what I have and do not have. But it certainly did not stroke my Male Ego.
Something to think about... Why does God make all the male creatures in the animal kingdom to display their strengths and beauty during courtship? Or rather mating season... In order to 夺得美人心.... Maybe, just maybe females all alike like their "Knights in their shining amour"...
So really, was it that younger men have the NEED to impress? Or was it that younger men are EXPECTED to impress? And older man have already impressed or Tried impressing so they do not need to anymore...
Open to discuss...
No comments:
Post a Comment