Thursday, January 18, 2007

养兵千日, 用在一招。


人说: "养兵千日, 用在一招。"


All that preparation, all that hard work, only for today.

As I walked into the battlefield, all that was in my mind was to kill. I was ready to take on anything that come against my way. The clock is ticking, we are all waiting for the moment, waiting for that Que... There it was a moment of silence... So quiet I could almost hear the heartbeat of my neighbour...

Finally, the flag went up... The whistle blew... The war has began... There was a silent out-cry and everyone pick up their weapon and charged full speed ahead... Charging at everything that comes first to them... I picked up my Sword, my black Pilot ballpoint, it won me many battles... I start slashing it on everything that came to me...

200 men... All dispersed... Truly we are greatly outnumbered... I was on my own now... Thoughts flowed through my mind... Doubts sneaked behind me... I suffered a blow, I was slashed... I pick myself up and put my Sword right through Doubts' heart...

"It is over!! It is over!!"

The war is over... I can hear the people cheering... Relieving... It is over... Finally over... There were cries and moaning... There were casualties... There were cheers and laughter... There were victories...

To them, the war has ended... And peace has returned... At least for some time... However, this marks a beginning of a brand new battle...

I left the battlefield and returned to my Castle... I looked into the mirror... Into the edvidence of war accumulated over the years... I put on my shirt and adjourn to my room... I laid down... At least for now... I can retire... ~

No comments: